Wednesday, August 31, 2016

BOC Week 8: 5 + 5 soft skills

Sales oriented: Having been both a sales associate and a manager, I know what it takes to get the most out of a sale. I know it all starts in the scheduling, in the product, in the customer service. But ultimately, this all serves one purpose, and that is to make numbers. If you don't make numbers, you don't get payroll, you don't receive product. It's all correlated and I understand that.

Self motivated: Received two promotions while with the same company. Once in management I worked hard to create recognition for myself within corporate. I also created a large clientele base, for myself, which I was known for. This clientele base helped my sales, as well as boosted the well being of the store.

Problem solver: When confronted with upset clients, or clients that needed exceptions, I was the one who had to resolve the issue on the spot. Thinking on the spot, solving problems last minute, is what separates a leader from a follower. Scheduling became one of my major duties, and scheduling is a huge puzzle of problem solving.

Critical thinker: Making the right decisions means thinking critically. Not just what is in front of you, but what could happen in the future, preparing for other things,having common sense. Things like these are hard to teach, but you also have to know how to decipher them when hiring.

Strong Relationships: retained a large clientele, hosted successful events. Maintained a reputable place in a company throughout 7 years. That has to be a really strong relationship to not have been swayed to go to another company.


No comments:

Post a Comment